MSNG Hurricane Issac Response | Weather
The following is a press release from the Departments of the Army and Air Force:
Maj. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, the adjutant general of Mississippi, has called approximately 1,500 National Guard personnel to state active duty in support of emergency operations in anticipation of Hurricane Isaac’s landfall on or near the Mississippi Gulf Coast later this week.
Guard Soldiers and Airmen will begin arriving today in the coastal counties preparing to support security operations, search and rescue, debris removal and commodity distribution.
“Our Guard men and women always stand ready to support hurricane operations at a moment’s notice,” said Collins. “Our troops are trained, seasoned veterans who ready themselves to protect the citizens of our great state.”
With about 1,500 Mississippi Guardsmen currently mobilized, the Mississippi National Guard has thousands of Soldiers and Airmen available to respond to emergency operations if needed.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment