Special Weather Statement from the NWS | Weather
The National Weather Service has issue a Special Weather Statement advising of high fire danger conditions that are expected to continue through the weekend and into early next week.
“According to area Forestry Commissions and the U.S. Forest Service recent dry conditions have made outdoor burning increasingly hazardous. In some locations, conditions are such that a spark from equipment, the heat from a catalytic converter, or any heat source could start a grass or brush fire. Local Burn Bans have been increasing across Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
Fires place area forestry commissions, fire departments and other fire control agencies in life threatening situations, and can endanger communities. Please, use caution with fireworks as we go into Independence Day week and help prevent forest and grass fires. The dry weather is expected to last through the weekend and into early next week, and more Burn Bans are anticipated.”
Read more: The Impact - Special Weather Statement from the NWS
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment