Glass artist John Whitt visits the Ellisville Rotary Club | Sports & Recreation
Members of the Ellisville Rotary Club were treated with a visit from glass artist John Whitt, who shared the techniques used in making lead stain glass panels during their weekly meeting, August 6.
Whitt, owner and designer of Sweetwater Studios located in Moselle, has been making and designing beautiful stained glass panels for churches, commercial establishments and residential homes for over twenty-five years. His work can be seen in several churches and homes throughout Jones County and the state of Mississippi, as well as surrounding states. In addition, he and his son, Ian Whitt, are also skillful glassblowers.
PHOTO: Glass artist John Whitt showed the members of the Ellisville Rotary Club a couple of his lead stained glass panels and demonstrated how glass is cut into different shapes and sizes and the lead is used to fuse the pieces together to form a particular shape or sized panel that can go into a window or door in a home, church or commercial establishment.
Read more: The Impact - Glass artist John Whitt visits the Ellisville Rotary Club
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment