Jones County woman dies while camping near Leaf river | News
JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- The body of a Jones County woman was found Thursday afternoon near a popular swimming hole on the Leaf River in the south part of the county.
ELizabeth Graham, 51, had been camping with her brother in what's called Eastabuchie Park off Church Street, something they did often. The brother said she went to sleep about 8 p.m. Wednesday night. He told investigators she liked to sleep late so he didn't try to wake her until 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon. That's when he found her unresponsive.
The brother called for an ambulance and EMserv and the Jones County Sheriff's Department responded. County Coroner Nancy Barnett declared Graham dead at the scene.
Authorities say the cause appears to be from natural causes, however her body has been taken to Jackson for an autopsy.
Copyright 2013 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment