Authorities arrest, charge Jones County man with child exploitation | News
JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- Michael Owens, 18, of Jones County could spent the rest of his life behind bars if found guilty on sex and exploitation charges.
Owens appeared in Justice Court on Thursday before Judge Billy Graham. He is facing 6 counts of child exploitation and 2 counts of sexual battery. Owens allegedly had a sexual relationship with girls between the ages of 13 to 15 years old. Investigators said one of the girls is pregnant.
In court, an investigator testified about images that authorities found, one showing a child younger than 3-years-old holding in his mouth what appeared to be a marijuana blunt.
Owens told us on camera that he is not guilty. He remains in Jones County jail on a 200,000 dollars bond.
Copyright 2013 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment