Jones County Sheriff's Department starts gang/gun task force | News
LAUREL, MS (WDAM)- Gang violence is on the rise in Jones County and officials are starting an Anti-Gang and Gun Task Force to combat the crime.
Jones County officials said they are experiencing a rapid rise in gang activity throughout the county.
According to authorities these gangs are very organized. They are also involved with selling illegal drugs, burglaries, larceny, aggravated assaults and the sale of stolen or illegally weapons.
Investigators said these gangs are targeting middle and high school students for recruitment.
Jones County Sheriff Alex Hodge said if you have information on gang activity, drug dealings or the sale of illegal weapons in Jones County please call the sheriff department at 601-425-3147.
Copyright 2013 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment