Jones County teen thanks good Samaritan for saving her life | News
JONES COUNTY (WDAM)- A Jones County teenager is safe after being rescued from her car by a good Samaritan after her vehicle went into a creek.
Eighteen year-old Kassie Ford was released from the hospital on Thursday after being treated for head trauma.
The accident occurred late Tuesday night when Ford's car was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler and the car plunged into the Tallahala Creek.
The Jones County Fire Council says Jimmy and Karen Thompson witnessed the crash. Mr. Thompson immediately jumped into the water and pulled Ford from her submerged car.
"I just thank God that I was there to help somebody." Said Ford, " Mr. Jerry is just an angel in the path way because if he had not have been there, we might be planning a funeral right now instead of a homecoming."
Copyright 2013 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment