Tractor Trailer breaks in half – blocks Hwy. 15 South in Jones County | News
By Linda Cranford, Jones County Fire Council PIO
An 18-Wheeler traveling north on Hwy. 15 South Tuesday afternoon suddenly had its trailer break in half, stopping the truck dead in its tracks, and blocking the northbound lane of the highway.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. Glade VFD rescue units responded to Highway 15 South just south of Tuckers Crossing Road where the Glenn Henderson Trucking tractor trailer, which was hauling wood chips to Masonite Corporation in Laurel, had broken in half. The driver said he had noticed the side of the trailer bulging out and had slowed to find a place to pull off to check it out when suddenly he heard a noise and his rig came to a halt.
The northbound lane of Highway 15 South remained closed for approximately four hours while recovery operations were performed.
Also responding to the scene were Jones County Fire Coordinator Dan McKenna, Jones County Sheriff’s Department and Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment