Christmas at the Village held on Small Business Saturday | News
JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- Saturday was "Small Business Saturday," a time when shoppers were encouraged to support local businesses. Among those who appreciated the emphasis on buying at locally-owned and operated stores was the Landrum family, who owns Landrum's Homestead and Village south of Laurel.
On Saturday, shoppers were invited to visit the annual, Christmas at the Village. Each year, the Landrum's host the event to give folks an idea of what the holidays would have looked like in the Pine Bellt more than a century ago.
The event featured wagon rides, Civil War re-enactors and live music.
"Small business, that's where it's at," said Susan Landrum of Landrum's Homestead and Village. "Your big box stores are everywhere, but small business is special, it's unique, it's one-of-a-kind, and we encourage that," Landrum said.
This was the 29th year for the Landrum's Christmas at the Village.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment