Jones County Man Arrested on Child Molestation Charges | News
A Jones County man is behind bars on a $200,000 cash bond for allegedly touching a 10-year-old for lustful purposes.
42-year-old William Roney was arrested on Thursday after authorities said he inappropriately touched the child of a family friend.
On Friday, Roney appeared in Justice Court where investigators testified he made several threatening phone calls to the victim's family and also drove by their homes numerous times before being arrested.
Roney is charged with possession of precursors and child molestation.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment