Diers named Ellisville State School “Medical Employee of the Year.” | Health
Dr. Michael Brooks said this is the inaugural year for the award which is officially tagged as the “Director’s Award: Medical Employee of the Year.” He said the award recipient receives a cash donation, platter and plaque in honor of being selected for the award.
“The selected individual was selected by her colleagues in the medical department,” explained Brooks. “Everyone who works in the department was asked to submit the name of an individual they thought was deserving of the award.”
On the day of the award announcement, Brooks said no one knew who the winner was, but him. He wanted to unveil the winner during the department’s annual Christmas party.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49