JCJC ecoBobcats attend energy summit | Health
The following is a press release from Jones County Junior College:
The Jones County Junior College ecoBobcats attended the Governor's Energy Summit Oct. 4 in Jackson where they listened to keynote speaker and former mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani.
The summit is part of Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant's effort to attract energy jobs and investment in Mississippi. Besides hearing from leaders from Mississippi Energy Institute, U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Institute for 21st Century Energy, Consumer Energy Alliance, Southern Company, Entergy and Battelle Memorial Institute, the group viewed electric and solar powered cars made by Mississippi high school and university students.
Comments from speakers included the projected growth in energy use by China and the Middle East, the growth in energy education in Chinese schools, the need for more engineering majors in the United States, and the need for the United States to produce energy using its own natural resources rather than purchasing from other countries.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment