JCJC ecoBobcats net 100 signatures during America Recycles Day event | Events
The following is a press release from Jones County Junior College:
Over 100 students and campus guests signed a pledge to recycle as part of America Recycles Day, held at Jones County Junior College Nov. 15.
Over 2000 events were held across the United States, and more than 35,000 people nationwide had signed a pledge to recycle before the day was over. JCJC collected its pledges during the lunch period, attracting not only JCJC students, but high school students participating in the day’s Math Bowl.
The JCJC ecoBobcats, who sponsored the local event, also collected electronic recyclables, in conjunction with the state-wide 1 million pound e-waste recycling challenge sponsored by Tri-Miss Services, West Jones Recycling and Laurel Recycling Services. JCJC collected two truckloads of electronic recyclables.
For more information regarding the ecoBobcats or recycling, contact ecoBobcat advisor Kelly Atwood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49