Shades of Immigration Forum April 30 | Community Spirit
There will be a forum which tackles the issue of immigration called Shades of Immigration on April 30 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Our Home Universalist Unitarian Church in Ellisville.
This public forum will shed light on many of the shades of immigration; clarify misconceptions and its impact in the community. According to Robin Clark, president of the congregation, “Immigration is an issue that affects us all, and it is also very complicated.” Clark added “whether one is for or against it, immigration policies affect human lives and families here in Mississippi.”
The presentation, will address different points of view on this important topic. All aspects will be addressed during the forum from speakers with experiences with immigration. “We are delighted to invite our neighbors and the community to join us in this forum,” said Rev. Fred Hammond, Minister of Our Home Universalist Unitarian Church.
Hammond added “the panelists will bring to the table their experiences and skills to enhance the conversation.”
The speakers invited as panelists include:
- Bill Chandler -- Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance (MIRA)
- Edith González who has traversed the layers of legal immigration to the USA
- Pastor Roberto Velez -- the Peniel Christian Church
- Patricia Ice MIRA Legal Project
- Dr. Sam Slick -- Command Spanish, Inc.
- Gene Saucer -- former member of the MS House of Representatives and tree farm owner.
The panelists presentations will be followed by a Q&A session with questions from the public.
Our Home Universalist Unitarian Church located at 2134 Hwy 29 North. Just south of the intersection with US Hwy 84 W. in Ellisville.