Veteran Journalist appointed as MDOC Communications Director | Business
Veteran journalist Grace Simmons Fisher has joined the Mississippi Department of Corrections as communications director.
"I’m very happy Ms. Fisher accepted my appointment of her as communications director. She brings to the table a wealth of knowledge and expertise and will be a welcome addition to the MDOC family,” said MDOC Commissioner Christopher Epps.
Fisher has nearly 30 years in the media, having worked at the state’s largest newspaper all of her career. She recently left The Clarion-Ledger, where she had been a reporter and an editor. As a reporter, she specialized in law enforcement and covered City Hall. In management, she supervised reporters in all areas, including city, county, state and federal government; law enforcement; courts; and general assignment.
A Holmes County native, she is a summa cum laude graduate of Jackson State University with a bachelor’s degree in mass communications. She lives in Jackson and is a married mother of one.
Upcoming Events near Jones County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment